• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to change default mail size limit to unlimited??

Fabian Marsiglone

New Pleskian
Hello

Somethins is working bad in plesk limits. Could be a "bug"
I´m using Plesk Obsidian V 18.0.25 #2

I´m trying to change the default email size limit (set at 1GB) and is IMPOSSIBLE.

I´ve tried to update the subscription settings only for a domain name :

# plesk bin subscription_settings --update domainname.com -mbox_quota 5G
An error occurred while updating domain settings: Cannot set limit 'mbox_quota' value to '5368709120': Unable to allocate the required amount of resources (5 GB Mailbox size). Only 1 GB Mailbox size are available.

exit status 1

I´ve also tried modifying the mbox_quota value for the domain (searching by ID) in the PSA database to 5GB.. it changed but in plesk GUI never show the new value neither.

Someone knows any way to change the DEFAULT AT SERVER WIDE LEVEL for the mbox_quota to unlimited, so, we can manage the limits thru subscriptions, and plans ?

1GB is too low value.

Thanks
Fabian

Thanks
Fabian

Please check that Complete Switching to the new Panel business model option exists in Tools & Settings > Plesk section. Most probably transition scheme to the new business model has not been applied after an upgrade from earlier Plesk version. To solve the issue, please try to perform the steps below:

Apply the transition scheme at Tools & Settings > Plesk section > Complete Switching to the new Panel business model > follow on-screen instructions.

Also, the transition scheme can be also applied per customer. After login into Plesk go to Customers > John Doe > Apply Transition Scheme.

Please check that Complete Switching to the new Panel business model option exists in Tools & Settings > Plesk section. Most probably transition scheme to the new business model has not been applied after an upgrade from earlier Plesk version. To solve the issue, please try to perform the steps below:

Apply the transition scheme at Tools & Settings > Plesk section > Complete Switching to the new Panel business model > follow on-screen instructions.

Also, the transition scheme can be also applied per customer. After login into Plesk go to Customers > John Doe > Apply Transition Scheme.

Thanks

BUt i not have anything like that in my Plesk ;)
IN fact, las night i updated it again to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.26

And still nothing as you said appeared in "Tools & Settings > Plesk section >"

THanks
Fabian

We can close this thread.. FIXED!

I tried really EVERYTHING,, and I always got the same error,, that the limit is 1GB per mailbox.
I tried with plans, with subscriptions, adding new subscription, etc.

After hours, a simple and stupid error !!
I´m the admin/root of the server and plesk, but i added a big reseller account in plesk for this client to limit him the space and bandwitth. (even i manage all as admin). The problem was the "reseller" plan was set with the mailbox at 1GB, then.. NONE domain under that reseller account allowed more o 1GB!!
and i forgot the reseller stuff ....

GRRRR.

Regards
Fabian

Hi,

I have the same problem. My limit is set by default to 100MB.
I only login as admin and have no reseller etc.

How can I change the default or just disable the limit on some mail accounts.
I am using the server just for my family. No reselling etc.

Best regards
Onki

Same issue here, some mailboxes are 100 MB in size, and some are unlimited. How I can change the mailbox size?

Best Regards,

issue solved using this command in SSH:

Code:
plesk bin subscription_settings --update example.com -mbox_quota -1

this will make mailboxes of example.com of unlimited size.

Back