• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to create nameservers in plesk

Uzair Ali

New Pleskian
I've Plesk host edition and I want to create nameservers so any customer/client can point to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com. I have bought domain from namecheap and create nameservers, glue records are showing correctly but even after a month it doesn't propagate correctly. I've also talked to plesk support agent and he says that everything is properly configure correctly on plesk and told me its port knocking issue and can be checked by dig utility. he said: "I suspected that the issue is caused by a port knocker somewhere on the firewall level that blocked UDP connections until it receives at least one TCP on the port from this IP during some time, and this appeared to be correct."
Now how can I resolve this issue I've tried multiple things but no luck.
Plesk is installed on Centos which is installed on vmware ESXI which is hosted on OVH server.
Any help will be appreciated

Hi Uzair Ali,

That's strange. Could you describe your network topology in more detail and provide a little more information about domain(s) and IP-address(es) that you use? Do server with Plesk uses public IP-address or it works behind NAT? What messages do you see in server logs (master DNS, slave DNSes)? What tool do you use to synchronize Plesk with other DNS servers?

I'm sorry my skills are at entry level I don't know what do you mean by network topology and what server logs. But feel free to connect to my server and change anything you like

OMG I cant belive IT :confused: please dont do this ... you never ever should provide your Plesk admin credential to the public. I suggest now since you did this - just set up now your Server and Plesk installation again from scretch - it is not more secure and ask for professional help in administration a webserver with Plesk!

OMG I cant belive IT :confused: please dont do this ... you never ever should provide your Plesk admin credential to the public. I suggest now since you did this - just set up now your Server and Plesk installation again from scretch - it is not more secure and ask for professional help in administration a webserver with Plesk!
I know its not a good idea but I will reinstall centos once I know the reason of the issue until then anyone can do what every they want but please help me solve this issue :(

In my opinion, ESXi shouldn't somehow restrict traffic to virtualized machines. If the issue reproduced when you switched off a firewall in an operating system (CentOS), maybe a cloud firewall from OVH (Configuring the Network Firewall) guards your system? Did you try to ask OVH support?

I think by setting firewall rules on OVH it seems to be working fine, unless someone has do something in centos?

Have you tried?

# plesk repair dns

The zone file may be funky and that would rebuild it with the values in the Plesk DB.

Back