• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to create separate users and user roles for TI and Sales?

ClaudioW

New Pleskian
Hi there.

I'm triying to separate the functions of the IT department and Customer support (or operations).
For that, i need to create 2 types of roles.

1.- Super Admin (Default plesk Admin)

2.- Operator (Access only to clients, domains, create new clients and assign service plans)

I'll probably will have 2 users type 1 and 10 users type 2.

Any way to do this on Plesk?

As far as I know, Plesk Panels handling of user roles doesn't seem quite up to creating user accounts for that kind of situation.

In my opinion, the system administrative account handling in Plesk is lacking in some basic functionality!

I suppose creating more than one "root" super-user account on a linux system maybe more complicated than it may seem, what with the way Plesk takes over the system.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Multiple Admins have beem available in Windows for quite a long time. They don't have configurable access limitations though. In Linux version multiple admins have beed added in Plesk 11.1 preview and will be available in the next release. We'll appreciate any feedback if you evaluate the preview.

Back