• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to create ssh key for users?

Erick Nunes

Basic Pleskian
I created my plesk on EC2 Amazon. There, the access already uses the key file.

I need to create SSH access for a user from a subscription, but it does not work, since the file is mandatory

Error logging via ssh with user created but no key file:
Permission denied (publickey).

So are you wanting to allow them password auth?

Modify /etc/ssh/sshd_config

PasswordAuthentication yes

You can permit root as well if you like to live dangerously;

PermitRootLogin yes

Finalize it with a reboot of the SSH service.

I really dislike Plesk on AWS....

did you also consider to use the SSH Keys Manager Extensions from Plesk for you needs. Plesk Panel > Extensions > Extensions Catalog > Authentication

Using SSH keys is more convenient and secure than traditional password authentication. This extension allows you to manage SSH keys from the Plesk UI. For every individual subscription, you can add or remove an SSH key which the subscription owner can then use to access the server.

Last edited:
did you also consider to use the SSH Keys Manager Extensions from Plesk for you needs. Plesk Panel > Extensions > Extensions Catalog > Authentication

Hi! Do you know how to add Key with an user different of root? I'm using SSH key manager extension with AWS Cloud9, but i get this message: We do not recommend using your AWS root account to create or work with environments. Use an IAM user instead

Back