• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to debug migration errors

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Hi.. I see this in the logs quite often:

Failed to copy web files for subscription 'xyz.com'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Rsync failed to copy files from the source server 'source' (13.18.16.15) to target Plesk server: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: umask 022; /usr/bin/rsync -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20220123222236/target-server/ssh-keys/id_rsa.13.11.10.15 -p 1395 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' --timeout=30 --recursive --links --times --devices --specials --owner --group --perms [email protected]:/var/www/vhosts/system/xyz.com/logs/ /var/www/vhosts/system/xyz.com/logs/
exit code: 11
stdout:
stderr: rsync: mkdir "/var/www/vhosts/system/xyz.com/logs" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(664) [Receiver=3.1.3]
This could happen because of a network connection issue. Run migration for that subscription once more.

Any ideas how to prevent it? Re-running does not seem to help..
Many thanks, -t

PS: All names/IP's scrambled in the above example.

What if you try to create this missing /var/www/vhosts/system/xyz.com/logs directory and try to re-sync?

Yes, I created a few manually like that.
I also learned to delete the failed subscription from the target server and then re-trying the migration.
otherwise the leftovers also can cause headaches..

Back