• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved How to find the Mail Access logs?

Craig1986

Basic Pleskian
I have a Plesk VPS, hosting 2 Domains. I am looking to be able to access the Mail Logs, for a specific Mail Box. Any ideas on where such access Logs would be stored? Ideally, I would like to access them via the VPS Interface; just like you would for the the 'Log' entries.

The logs are usually located in /var/logs and are named mail.log or maillog depending on your OS.

Thanks for your reply. I had downloaded the maillog file, from /var/log but the Logs only contain the activities from the present month. Are there settings I would need to change, in order for the maillog to contain the activities from beyond the present month?

I am not sure if this affects anything but there are similarly named files, such as 'maillog.processed' and 'maillog.processed.1.gz'.

Unpack the .gz files with for example
# gunzip maillog.processed.1.gz
Then look into them like
# less maillog.processed.1
and find older data in them. You can tell when the last entry in such a log file was made by checking the file date like
# ll maillog.processed.1.gz

The log retention time can be changed, if you want to collect more data:
Check /etc/logrotate.conf and /etc/logrotate.d/syslog and make the changes that you need there.
But it is not possible to restore older data that has long been rotated/deleted by a configuration change. Only for the future you can change the log rotation settings.

Back