• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to Fix Plesk MySQL Connection Issues

J.Wick

Regular Pleskian
I am having a hell of a time trying to solve why Plesk can't connect to MySQL when shutting down, starting up, and when trying to upgrade. Without being able to fix this, I can't upgrade my server. I've tried everything in the knowledge base and can't figure this out. I've reset the password, nothing works. I need a expert! $5.00 PayPal'd to the magician that solves the problem and title of, "AMAZING."

Centos 5.9
11.0.9 Update #55

[root@vcloud]# rpm -qa mysql*
mysqltuner-1.2.0-4.el5.art
mysql-devel-5.5.33-20.el5.art
mysql-5.5.33-20.el5.art
mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.26r1127-2.el5
mysqlclient15-5.0.90-2.el5.art
mysql-libs-5.5.33-20.el5.art
mysql-server-5.5.33-20.el5.art

When upgrading I get the failed key message because it can't connect to the database, so I tried it manually, same result. It passes if I turn on skip-grant-tables, but the upgrade won't proceed on that setting.
[root@vcloud]# ./plesk_getkeyinfo.sh
cannot connect to mysql database

Even basic operation of pulling up and down the server I get an error on MySQL

[root@vcloud]# /etc/init.d/psa stopall
Stopping psa... done
Trying to connect to MySQL... Failed to connect to MySQL: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Plesk: Stopping Mail Server... done
Stopping mailer service... not installed
Stopping mysqld service... done
Stopping postgresql service... done
Stopping psa-spamassassin service... not installed
Stopping tomcat5 service... done
Stopping httpd service... done

[root@vcloud]# /etc/init.d/psa start
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting mysqld service... done
Trying to connect to MySQL... Failed to connect to MySQL: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Refusing to reset instance-specific data.
Starting named service... done
Starting postgresql service... done
Starting psa-spamassassin service... not installed
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... done
Starting psa... done

I can control MySQL without issue form the CLI.

[root@vcloud]# /etc/init.d/mysqld restart
Stopping mysqld: [ OK ]
Starting mysqld: [ OK ]

I can login and use Plesk fine. I have ripped out the Business Manager and Billing. I just have Plesk barebones installed right now and it's working fine otherwise.

I have checked through the mysql.users table and have removed old users that don't use 41+ char passwords, no difference.

The only thing I can think of, is some Plesk script or file is corrupt that interfaces with MySQL.

Can someone please give me the magic answer to solve this nightmare? PLEASE! I BEG YOU! HAVE MERCY ON MEEEEE!!

What is content? Have you tried to remove this file?

What is content? Have you tried to remove this file?

I was not aware of this file.

Inside it has directives for MySQL MySQLdump and MySQLcheck, each specifying the username 'admin' and same password for each.

I just removed the file and everything is working properly now. Thank YOU!!

How did that file get there in the first place? I can't believe that was the cause.

It's just from my experience. Often this file leads to unpredictable consequences.

Back