• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input How to install memcache (not memcached)

robetus

Basic Pleskian
I'm posting this in a followup to my previous thread https://talk.plesk.com/threads/apc-on-php-version-5-6-27.339663/

First please research memcache vs memcached to make sure you want to install this, you can always disable later by removing the .so entry. I was not able to install memcached.

I found that APC is pretty outdated and hasn't been updated since 2012. I'm not saying don't install APC, if you can great. I found out how to install memcache (not memcached, yes they are different) on Onyx php v5.6. This method should also help anyone who wants to install it on other php versions or someone who wants to install a pecl package into a specific php version in Onyx.

Reference: https://kb.plesk.com/en/125146

To make sure you have it installed into the php version you want
Code:
# yum search plesk-php devel
If not
Code:
# yum install make plesk-php56-devel
Then install memcache
Code:
# /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install memcache

No go into the PHP Settings of the domain you want to run memcache on and insert extension=memcache.so into Additional configuration directives. Click Apply and that's it. Check you PHP info page, memecache should be up and running. If anyone is using memcache, please tell us what you use for your settings and give us some feedback on performance.

Hi robetus,

pls. consider to use the => Forum SEARCH <= option, regarding questions, inputs, solutions and suggestions for additional modules at Plesk PHP versions, which would already directed you to:

=> Adding Custom PHP Modules in Plesk ( Plesk Developers Blog article )

=>
[ReleaseNotes] Multiple PHP Versions in Plesk 12 and higher Out of the Box ( KB - article 125146 - paragraph: "Adding custom PHP modules in Plesk" )

Both links have a very detailed step-by-step instruction, how to implement additional modules in Plesk PHP versions, while your description misses some parts, or while your description is just a reduced copy. :(

Back