• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to mail a domain inside the same machine but...

I

imagenow

...that point to a different mail server.

Let me explain better.
One machine with Plesk 8.3, two domains: A.com and B.com both installed.
I want B.com to have www/ftp managed by Plesk, but all the mail stuff managed by an external mail server.
If I send an e-mail to B.com from, for example, Yahoo... the mail arrives to the external mail server.
If I send an e-mail to B.com from A.com, the mail remains inside their common server. In other words, Plesk check that B.com is in the same server, and doesn't leave the mail out.

I configured the B.com's dns MX with the external mail server MX address but... is not working... any idea?

I'm a newbie, so please, be patient :)

Thanks
Valerio

Did you disable B.com's mail services from domain setup page?

Yes, disabled. The mail ends in the MAIL QUEUE, undelivered....

dns settings

I had to do this a while back. you disable email in the domain control panel by clicking email, then disable.

the back to the domain control panel, add in your email mx and "a" records under "DNS Settings"

for example:
example.com. MX (10) mail.example.com.
mail.example.com. A 255.255.255.255

that 255.255.255.255 would just be the IP address of whatever your mail server is. After making these two changes, you should be good to go.

Back