• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to make full server backup in Plesk

R

rchurch

Does Plesk offer the option of backing up the whole server from the Plesk interface or from the command line?

I don't mean a few domains or accounts - I mean the whole hard disk?

If Plesk doesn't are there any utilities which can do that?

Isn't rsync supposed to be able to do something like that?

I need an idea of which files of what types of files or directories have to be excluded

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
The Plesk backup utilities are not a 'bare metal' type backup. They deal with Plesk settings and domains.

You may want to check out Acronis, there are others, but not too many which will do the OS as well.

http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISLin/

rsync is not a Plesk utility or option, it is an OS related item. I don't use it myself, but I'm pretty sure that since a running Server is always in a state of flux, there may be certain OS files which it may not be able to access or backup properly.

And if you were to do a yum or up2date server update on one, I don't think rsync would handle transferring the updated OS files to the 2nd server....

Google or refer to your OS manual for more info on rsync. You can also search these forums for rsync as well.

Back