• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to make sure users get emails not delivered message?

Jimlee3

Basic Pleskian
I disabled "Enable mail management functions in Plesk" and I dont have any emails for my domain. I also removed the mx record from the DNS, but if someone sends an email to [email protected] they do not get any emails back saying that message failed.

is there an option to send a message to the person who emailed saying that their message failed?

Hi Jimlee3,

is there an option to send a message to the person who emailed saying that their message failed?
Well, sorry to write that, but you DISABLED the eMail - functions and removed the MX - record for that domain... how do you want to send an eMail ( bounce message ) from your server? Sp the definite answer to your question with the current configuration is:
No, that is not possible, because a corresponding eMail - server can't even reach your mail - server, because of missing MX - entries, so that their eMails will never be delivered to you, which results in a notice ( from their own used mail - server ) for the sender as for example: "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender"

Back