• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to remove mail-security extension?

bernhardh86

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54 Update #4,
Since after installing the mail-security plesk plugin, a lot goes wrong with sending mails, I wanna remove it from plesk.

When clicking on the remove button on the extension page, the button switches to a loading icon forever. After 15 Minutes of wating time, I reloaded the page, but the extension was still there.

Then I disabled it (which worked) and tried it again to remove:

1699359279448.png

Same result. Now I tried to remove it via commandline:

```
plesk bin extension --uninstall email-security
```

After hitting enter, nothing happens. It look like it does something (no new prompt), but no output, no error, no nothing. even after another 15min. I killed it with ctrl+c.
plesk bin extension --list shows it

Another process or a running mail process is probably blocking the deinstallation, but it is not possible to guess which one it is. It is also thinkable that another security software is conflicting. Do you see any entries in /var/log/plesk/panel.log related to the deinstallation attempts? Or /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log?

Back