• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to remove the entire mail message

Jimlee3

Basic Pleskian
I am using Plesk 12.0.18 and I created a mailbox for an account, now that account is using 500MB of mail. How can I delete/empty the entire mail including the attachments?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Jimlee3,

How can I delete/empty the entire mail including the attachments?
The fastest way is to DELETE the eMail - account over Plesk and re-ADD the account afterwards. ;)

The second method would be to manually delete the content of the folders ( not the folders itself, please!!! ) INSIDE the corresponding eMail - account - folder "/var/qmail/mailnames/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/YOUR-EMAIL-ACCOUNT-NAME"

Hi Jimlee3,

The fastest way is to DELETE the eMail - account over Plesk and re-ADD the account afterwards. ;)

The second method would be to manually delete the content of the folders ( not the folders itself, please!!! ) INSIDE the corresponding eMail - account - folder "/var/qmail/mailnames/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/YOUR-EMAIL-ACCOUNT-NAME"

Thanks for your response, so say my domain is www.example.com and my email is [email protected]
I go here:
Code:
/var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/info
and I delete every thing in the info folder?

Hi Jimlee3,

and I delete every thing in the info folder?
NO! I explizit stated:
delete the content of the folders ( not the folders itself, please!!! )
Plesk and it's components and your mail - software NEED the folders as for example ".spamassassin", "@attachments" and as well the files ".qmail" or "maildirsize".

If you are unsure about what to delete, I rather don't recommend this "manual deletion" - solution and point explizit to the first solution: => The fastest way is to DELETE the eMail - account over Plesk and re-ADD the account afterwards.

Hi Jimlee3,

NO! I explizit stated:

Plesk and it's components and your mail - software NEED the folders as for example ".spamassassin", "@attachments" and as well the files ".qmail" or "maildirsize".

If you are unsure about what to delete, I rather don't recommend this "manual deletion" - solution and point explizit to the first solution: => The fastest way is to DELETE the eMail - account over Plesk and re-ADD the account afterwards.
I thought you said don't delete the info folder, just the content of the info folder.
thanks for the information

Back