• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to replace IIS with Apache???

W

wood_flower

Hello,

I have just purchased a Windows dedicated server from GoDaddy.com. The server is preinstalled with Plesk v7.5.6+ for Windows on Microsoft IIS web server.

However i want to use Apache web server instead of IIS web server and as the dedicated server i just ordered is an unmanaged dedicated server so i need to do it myself.

Please guide me how to replace IIS with Apache without breaking Plesk and all of my active websites currently created and managed in Plesk.

Thank you for your support.

Originally posted by sshigin
you should install Plesk 7.6 for Windows
Does this break all the websites currently created and managed by Plesk on IIS instant?

Do i need a new license key? If not then how i can find the current installed license key?

plesk 7.6 can upgrade 7.5.6+ properly.
all created sites will work after upgrade.
installed license will be inherited but if your license key is as *.exe file then you should address SWsoft sales for renwal it.

plesk 7.6 can upgrade 7.5.6+ properly.
all created sites will work after upgrade.
installed license will be inherited but if your license key is as *.exe file then you should address SWsoft sales for renwal it.

As i have written in the first post, Plesk is not installed by me but is preinstalled by GoDaddy.com in my Windows dedicated server. So, please tell me how can i retrieve and backup the license key before upgrade to v7.6?
Btw, during the upgrade from Plesk for Windows v7.5.6+ on IIS to Plesk for Windows v7.6 on Apache, is there any down-time experienced?

Originally posted by wood_flower
As i have written in the first post, Plesk is not installed by me but is preinstalled by GoDaddy.com in my Windows dedicated server. So, please tell me how can i retrieve and backup the license key before upgrade to v7.6?
You should address GoDaddy for renewal key.
Originally posted by wood_flower
Btw, during the upgrade from Plesk for Windows v7.5.6+ on IIS to Plesk for Windows v7.6 on Apache, is there any down-time experienced?
Sorry, i think i uderstood you not properly. Since version 7.6 Plesk for Windows can host Control Panel on IIS instead Apache but Plesk for Windows hosts all user's sites only on IIS.

Thank you for your information.

I think i must stay with Plesk on IIS if i dont want to break all of my sites.

Back