1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to replace IIS with Apache???

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by wood_flower, Jun 23, 2006.

1. wood_flower

wood_flower Guest

Hello,

I have just purchased a Windows dedicated server from GoDaddy.com. The server is preinstalled with Plesk v7.5.6+ for Windows on Microsoft IIS web server.

However i want to use Apache web server instead of IIS web server and as the dedicated server i just ordered is an unmanaged dedicated server so i need to do it myself.

Please guide me how to replace IIS with Apache without breaking Plesk and all of my active websites currently created and managed in Plesk.

Thank you for your support.

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    you should install Plesk 7.6 for Windows

3. wood_flower

wood_flower Guest

Does this break all the websites currently created and managed by Plesk on IIS instant?

Do i need a new license key? If not then how i can find the current installed license key?

4. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    plesk 7.6 can upgrade 7.5.6+ properly.
    all created sites will work after upgrade.
    installed license will be inherited but if your license key is as *.exe file then you should address SWsoft sales for renwal it.

5. wood_flower

wood_flower Guest

As i have written in the first post, Plesk is not installed by me but is preinstalled by GoDaddy.com in my Windows dedicated server. So, please tell me how can i retrieve and backup the license key before upgrade to v7.6?
    Btw, during the upgrade from Plesk for Windows v7.5.6+ on IIS to Plesk for Windows v7.6 on Apache, is there any down-time experienced?

6. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    You should address GoDaddy for renewal key.
    Sorry, i think i uderstood you not properly. Since version 7.6 Plesk for Windows can host Control Panel on IIS instead Apache but Plesk for Windows hosts all user's sites only on IIS.

7. wood_flower

wood_flower Guest

Thank you for your information.

I think i must stay with Plesk on IIS if i dont want to break all of my sites.