• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How to set schedule task to run on every 10 seconds

vickykr83

New Pleskian
Dear Support Team,

I am new in Plesk Panel.

I have scheduled one task where Task type selected: Fetch Url, There i passed one url which returns status code 200.

Now the issue is i need to run this task scheduler in each 20 seconds. But when i checked with my host support team they suggested to use Daily Dropdown There pass the value in minutes format. I did it but it is not running on every 20 seconds. I did some google also and found like to achieve this need to use "Cron Style".

I don't have idea here how to set value in Cron style to achieve the above one.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Vikash

Attachments

• TaskError.png
    TaskError.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 11
Plesk uses Windows services, such as, for example, IIS, Task Scheduler and others.
Thus, it doesn't matter if you do this task via Plesk or directly into Windows service.

Plesk uses Windows services, such as, for example, IIS, Task Scheduler and others.
Thus, it doesn't matter if you do this task via Plesk or directly into Windows service.
Hi IgorG,

Since i am new user in Plesk Panel, I don't have much idea to schedule the task, Could you please provide some more details about it, It could be more helpful for me to do the same.

Thanks,
Vikash

This is referring to "Windows Task Scheduler". You can find tons of articles, examples, documentation, how-tos by searching Google with "Windows Task Scheduler".

This is referring to "Windows Task Scheduler". You can find tons of articles, examples, documentation, how-tos by searching Google with "Windows Task Scheduler".
Hi Peter Debik,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I know how to use windows Task scheduler. But since i am using plesk panel it is not a remote machine or same like windows system where i could schedule the same. That's why i asked the same in each time Where i replied. Plesk panel does not provide same look and feel of windows system. If i would have some RDP server where i could have windows OS, So i could use Windows Task Scheduler there. Please let me know, If still you did not understand my point here.
As i know, I am new user in Plesk panel, I am not sure but if there is any windows scheduler option is available and you guys are trying to provide the same.

If Yes, Then where is the option for it in Plesk Panel?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Vikash

I see that the core of your question seems to be something different. You have probably seen that you can schedule a task by the minute using the syntax as described in
However, while you have understood how to do that, you are seeking a way to run it more frequent than every minute.

Well, neither on Windows, nor on Linux you can do this by a schedule setting. Instead, for a script to run every 20 seconds, you need to create a script that runs the task three times per minute: 1) At n seconds, 2) at n+20 seconds, 3) at n+40 seconds. We had a similar task to complete for our server surveillance that checks several services every 10 seconds - which cannot be done with cron. So we have script that executes the desired command, sleeps for 10 seconds, runs the loop a second time, sleeps for another 10 seconds and so on ... You'll need to create a suitable script on your system for that, too and then run this set each minute. Make sure that the script always exists at the 59th second, so that it cannot accidentally overlay with the next script instance.

Back