• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to stop mail failure notifications

David Jimenez

Basic Pleskian
We have our email settings to only allow incoming emails to defined email accounts. All other email addresses get a returned message that there is no such user. We do not have the "forward to" address enabled for those messages.

However, we are getting a lot of annoying (and useless) notifications from our mail system. These are driven by 1) someone spoofing our domain and sending to a dead email address so we get a bounce message. Secondly, if they spoof someone else's email and send it to a non-existent email address on our system we get another message that our bounce message bounced.

I am trying to find a setting where I can disable all these types of notifications from our email system but can't seem to find one. Of course, we don't want to disable notifications where we send a legitimate email to someone and it bounces. We do need to know if we have a customer's incorrect email address.

Any suggestions?

Hi David Jimenez,

you should consider to post your main.cf + master.cf, so that people willing to help you have the chance to suggest some improvements and modifications for your mail - server configuration. You could as well find usefull posts for such suggestions, by using the powerfull SEARCH ENGINE here in the forum, which could as well lead to some help for you. ;)

If you like deeper investigations for your mail - logs, pls. consider as well to post entries, which could help to isolate root causes in your mail - server settings. :)

The search function only works if you have the exact phrase that someone else used if they had the same problem. I always do a search first and, in this case, I received 2 pages of possible links. None of those were about my issue and some were about Fail2Ban...Our email services are setup just using Plesk and nothing extra. I just need to find where I can kill off the notifications.

Back