• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to stop sending spam ?

VirtualCed

New Pleskian
Hi there.

I start receiving alert a common mail account is trying to exceed the hour limit of mails sent.
The problem is I'm not sending mail with this address.
I changed the password in case the login was compromised but no change.
I know there is no vulnerable script on my website.
I'd like to find a way to monitor what is send from this address but didn't find anything relevant in the logs to filter on this account.
I could set the limit to 1 per hour to be sure to not been blaklisted too fast, but it is a workaround, not a solution.

What could be used to see outgoing mails ?

Best regards
cEd

Hi,
if emails are sent from an email address or domain then you have to find something in the maillogs.
if the password of the mailbox has already been updated, a script may still be sent.

Hi there.

I start receiving alert a common mail account is trying to exceed the hour limit of mails sent.
The problem is I'm not sending mail with this address.
I changed the password in case the login was compromised but no change.
I know there is no vulnerable script on my website.
I'd like to find a way to monitor what is send from this address but didn't find anything relevant in the logs to filter on this account.
I could set the limit to 1 per hour to be sure to not been blaklisted too fast, but it is a workaround, not a solution.

What could be used to see outgoing mails ?

Best regards
cEd
Some time the mail-log plugin can help us to diagnostic problem. Review also in your log is the excess is not due to full mailbox and automatic reply mail when an mailbox is full.

Hi

Thanks to @sebgonzes comment I realised there is an automatic forward set on this mailbox and this mailbox is receiving a lot of spams, sometimes 30 in one hour. I think the forward are the guilty ones. I setup a sieve filter to delete all the ***SPAM*** mails but I don't know which one will occur first, the sieve rule or the forward. Thanks for your help.

cEd

Back