• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to store Mails sent via SMTP in the "Sent" folder i see in Horde (webmail.domain.com)

jmar83

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.44 Update #2
Hi there

We have a custom app (PHP) which sends mails via SMTP / port 587 from our Plesk Server (18.04.6 LTS / Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 Update #2)

Now it would be nice to see all sent mails (via SMTP) in that "Sent" folder.

Does somebody know how to realize that?

Thank you very very much for your feedbacks! :)

You will have to change your Custom PHP script to send emails using IMAP method.

Another approach would be BCC these sending email to one of your inbox.

"You will have to change your Custom PHP script to send emails using IMAP method."

Send mails via IMAP? I never heard about this... (?)

-> Is that IMAP mail send method not just FROM to own TO the OWN mailbox - so nothing from "outside".
E.g. the same way my applications "MailStore Home" does, when i migrate mail mails from IMAP mail provider 1 to IMAP mail provider 2?
(For the "Mailstore Home" application, i also never need to configure any SMTP servers)
But, in our case, the mail does not (only) go to its own inbox.
Is it not better to add a "BCC" field to the script that works "phpmailer" ? (GitHub - PHPMailer/PHPMailer: The classic email sending library for PHP)
There is a problem here when i write text: When i do a return then one or more empty lines and then press backspace, backspace would delete the empty line, ALSO IF I'M NOT ON THE EMPTY LINE (e.g. on the end of text)
THIS HAPPENS IN BOTH BROWSERS M$ EDGE & Chrome. You see i don't have any empty lines here... ;-)

Back