• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to uninstall business manger

removing business manager from plesk panel

Hi!,

I am new using plesk 10 on windows server 2008. I have removed the Business manager & sso using
msiexec /x billing.msi
msiexec /x sso.msi

It is removed from the compoenent list. But, Now after rebooting server I have to run "sso.exe -d" manually & business manager entry is still left in the left panel of plesk. i.e. say "all entries in the left menu are still there.
How can I remove this entries? "

I have attached web admin snapshot.

waiting for the reply.

Thanks in advance,
Ajay

Attachments

• plesk database list.png
    plesk database list.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 10
Thank you for your quick responce,

I have read the forum , but I am not able to find the cl_param table in the plesk database. could please help me to locate this table. I have attached a screenshot of available database list in plesk. I have installed plesk 10 on windows server 2008.

Thanking you,
Ajay Kamble

Which Account do you use to log in? Use your root account then you ll See à db called PSA thats the plesk Database.

I do login as windows administrator to plesk panel & through panel I am accessing DB webadmin.

Thanks it works me.

to remove the Customer & business manager from plesk I did following task.
change the dir from prompt to
C:\08424b3ea2a42cf46a33e0d57e96e55f\parallels\BILLING-WIN_7.0.1\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386
run the following command
msiexec /x billing.msi
msiexec /x sso.msi

now change the dir to
cd %plesk_bin%
now disable the sso
sso.exe -d

now change the dir to
cd %plesk_dir%\mysql\bin
Now dump the psa database to c:\
mysqldump.exe -admin -pBngh9981 -P8306 psa > c:\psa_backup.sql
now login as admin
mysql.exe -admin -ppassword -P8306
on sql prompt run following cmd
use psa
& now delete the ppb-url as follow
delete from cl_param where param='ppb-url';

:)
Thanks
Ajay Kamble

The above process is for windows server

if you are not able to find cache of msi please locate the msi using regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products
here you have to check the contact & displayname in the key for Customer & business manager & SSO, then
go through key > InstallProperties > ModifyPath
then copy "MsiExec.exe /X{6FD68510-6DFE-4B31-A1C5-B75C90B8A123}" (value I am giving here is diff)
& run on the prompt
it'll uninstall it.

:)

Can you please provide specific directions on how to uninstall Business Manager through SSH? I tried '/usr/local/psa/bin/sso -d' but still see the Business Manager navigation in the left of my control panel. If I click on any of the CBM links they spawn an error 500.

Is there a simple and automated way to 'Uninstall' CBM that's as easy as the install SSH method? Also, I have no idea how to do this:

In psa database remove param 'ppb-url' from 'cl_param' table. Do not forget create database dump before database modification.[/QUOTE said:
Thanks in advance.

Hi, read post 6 and 16 on page 1.

You need to remove it from the Plesk database too.

google how to connect to the Plesk database via SSH, then do a dump to backup and run this command: delete from cl_param where param='ppb-url';

Logout, then login and it will be gone.

Hi Shawn,

Yes - I read the whole thread and that's why I posted my question. Because I've tried that and it didn't work. Also, I have no idea how to connect the the db that's being referred to. I'm looking for an automated process or at least something in more detailed plain English on how to uninstall CBM. I get a 500 error when clicking on the CBM links on the left of my control panel so I'm assuming that I half way did something. What is and how do you access the 'psa' database??

Anyone know of the easy way to uninstall this? Come on - there's got to be an easier way that's clear either using SSH or from within the Control Panel. Jeez.

We use Media Temple's DV service.

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Customer and Business Manager is a mistake. All the time something goes wrong. Customer synchronization errors, errors when adding subscriptions. I'm tired. Thought to integration with the panel because it did not work for now. It worked for a short time and after the upgrade to version 10.2.0 does not work nearly as expected. So I'm going to uninstall the Customer and Business Manager.
In addition, the solution at http://kb.odin.com/en/9327 does not work.
I get an error:

Action Error:

Deleting control panel 'Parallels Plesk Control Panel Local server' is not allowed: There Are Several subscriptions related to the panel in status: Active

Do I have to deactivate before removing the Customer and Business Manager?

The customer manager strikes back

I used to uninstall the customer manager from my plesk 10.4.3 using the commands exposed here and removing the line from the database and all went OK. After the update to plesk 10.4.4 the customer manager misteriosly "came back to life" and now I have a big green message at the start panel wich reads:

Information: The customer and business manager has been correctly installed but it needs additional information. Click here to complete the installation.

So, after all, the commands didn't worked because in some place of my panel the update manager though that he had to "reinstall and update" the manager.

¿Someone knows how REALLY remove that program from my panel? I'm beginning to hate it.

Hello,

If you removed CBM files using CMD command like "MsiExec.exe /X{6FD68510-6DFE-4B31-A1C5-B75C90B8A123}" and if you removed "ppb_url" from "cl_param" table in "psa" database, please go to Tools & Settings > Server Components and check if CBM is still there. If so, click "Refresh".

plesk-billing 10.4.4-20111103.19

After refreshing

plesk-billing Not installed

The annoying message on desktop zone has dissappeared.

I also have a very big problem because since this I was unable to do any backup.

Thanks for the help. ;)

Could you please clarify if you can't make backups after upgrade from 10.4.3 or after removing CBM?

Bug crash with this error:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <execution-result status="error" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2011-12-06-035913.922/migration.result">
    <object name="adomain.com" type="domain">
      <message id="2e3fd38c-298b-4e70-8ead-3cfc91408a0c" severity="error" code="fatal">
        <description>Runtime error</description>
      </message>
      <message id="8ecbc8a0-b960-4366-801c-5c2deb5c7256" severity="error" code="CheckDump">
        <description>Unable to check dump: Could not check dump. Invalid xml response:  
 at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 177
	PmmCli::parseCheckDumpResult('Error: adjacent parameter is empty in \'dump-file-specificati...') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1136
	main::checkDump('/var/lib/psa/dumps', '', '/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2011-12-06-035913.922') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 670
	main::__ANON__() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 415
	eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 407
	Error::subs::try('CODE(0xfc0fd30)', 'HASH(0xfc0ff40)') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 679
	main::perform('verbose', 4, 'owner-type', 'server', 'split-size', 'undef', 'session-path', '/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2011-12-06-035913.922', 'description', ...) called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1210
	main::__ANON__() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 408
	eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 407
	Error::subs::try('CODE(0xf2b3170)', 'HASH(0x10aca3f0)') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1219
	main::main() called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1221.
</description>
      </message>
      <message id="70f366fa-1c03-43f0-86bd-929db8d3a052" severity="error" code="fatal">
        <description>Unable to create dump</description>
      </message>
    </object>
  </execution-result>

It started after installing business and customer manager. One day, without touching anything, arrived a message saying that the apache templates (no idea what those are) were not correctly configured and all the backups started failing. Actually I am making backups using my custom linux shell script, because plesk's one is not working anymore.

Back