• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

HTTP won't start

The error in plesk

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service httpd failed to restart: Operation not permitted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:2 psaerror(string "Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service httpd failed to restart: Operation not permitted")
 
After moved from one server to another, I get

[Wed Jan 19 19:59:12 2005] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `plesk' does NOT match server name!?
[Wed Jan 19 19:59:12 2005] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Jan 19 19:59:14 2005] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
[Wed Jan 19 19:59:15 2005] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Wed Jan 19 19:59:15 2005] [notice] Digest: done
[Wed Jan 19 19:59:15 2005] [notice] LDAP: Built with OpenLDAP LDAP SDK
[Wed Jan 19 19:59:15 2005] [notice] LDAP: SSL support unavailable

What should I do?
 
Will Hire Immediately to fix. Please help.

Hello:

I have the same problem in this thread but have no idea on how to fix it. Here is what I do know.

Bought a hosting company with 2 down servers on Sunday.

RedHat 9 was re-installed on server with Plesk 6.0.2 by ev1Servers

psarestore with backup from Last August.

httpd will not start.

Call me and I will pay you to fix it immediately. I need it fixed tonight. Please help.

Thanks,
Terrell Patrick
(800) 725-4309 Ext: 8005
PS: I will be up all night until you call. :(
 
Oooh thanks for the pointer to the /etc/hosts file, recently I changed the name on my box, and last night I accidently set the DNS for the domain back to default and of course, apache dumped saying it couldn't figure out who it was.

I just looked in hosts and realized I had missed changing the name there too.
 
Back
Top