• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

huge 11.5.30 problems can't login can't do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleanderson

New Pleskian
i've tried to update plesk now i have nothing. i can't login to plesk or get on to putty. i can't change the password. i can't do anything at all. i need help please

Hi,

I have same problem with my 2 VPS today. I can't login to Plesk panel.

As I remember the last version of boths servers was 11.5.30. I didn't update it manually. Only auto-updates.

SSH works fine and I can run Midnight Commander to see files.
FTP also works. Website works fine.

Please HELP!

@daleanderson : You could as well try the port 8880 to login into the Plesk - Panel ( non SSL port - plesk-http ) and investigate from there failures/issues you might have ( wrong/missing firewall settings ? Maybe your IP is temporary banned over Fail2ban, because of two many login failures? Issues with the Plesk certificate or license - key? )

@NothernPeak : If you have access to your server per ssh, you could try to restart the Plesk - Panel with: /etc/init.d/psa stop && /etc/init.d/psa start and investigate your logs at "/var/log/plesk/panel.log". If you would like to enable the "debug mode" for the Plesk Panel, please follow this KB - article:

Thanks,

I'll try with debug mode on November 5th.

I think that it's common problem and many others Plesk 11.5 users might face with this sitation.

I can see initial screen of the Plesk where I enter my login/password, but then nothing happens I see only blank screen.

Hi,

I have 4 VPS:

- OK. Plesk 11.5.30 Update #48, CentOS 6.5
- OK. Plesk 12.0.18 Updae #22, CentOS 6.5
- Problem. Plesk 11.5.30, CentOS 6.4
- Problem. Plesk 11.5.30, CentOS 6.4

It seems that the problem happened only with Plesk on CentOS 6.4

Any news from Plesk developers?

We need THE SOLUTION, PLEASE!

Any news from Plesk developers?

We need THE SOLUTION, PLEASE!
Any details from logs, results of investigation? Sorry, but phrases like "It doesn't work! Please help me immediately!" is really not enough.

In this log file I see errors like:

2014-11-06T14:44:45+03:00 ERR (3) [panel]: Session expired:
0: Session.php:410
Session->init()
1: cmd_loginup.php:135
createSessionCommon(integer '1', string 'admin', boolean true, string 'xx.xx.xx.xx', NULL null, NULL null)
2: cmd_loginup.php:278
createSessionAdmin(string 'admin', string '******', boolean false, NULL null, boolean true, boolean true)
3: cmd_loginup.php:89
createSession(string 'root', string '******', boolean false, boolean false)
4: login_up.php3:45

I think this problem is addressed in the following KB - http://kb.odin.com/en/118701. Does this solve your issue?

Hi Igor,

Thanks, but regrettably it can't solve my issue.

I see no default-time-zone line in /etc/my.cnf

Attachments

• my.zip
    396 bytes · Views: 1
Hi NorthernPeak,

please check if the date / time settings of MySQL and your server match. Please type both commands and compair them:

date
mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "SELECT NOW();"

Please reply, with your results.

Thanks, here is the result:

[root@vpsxxxxx /]# date
Mon Nov 10 11:02:38 MSK 2014

[root@vpsxxxxx /]# mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "SELECT NOW();"
+---------------------+
| NOW() |
+---------------------+
| 2014-11-10 11:02:51 |
+---------------------+
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Could you please make sure, that your temp directories have the correct permissions? This should be configured with "1777" rights ( "drwxrwxrwt" ). If this is not the case, please reconfigure it with:

chmod 1777 /tmp

If this is not the cause of your failure, I would as well suggest to reboot your server completly and to get possible errors in your logs, which you have to investigate after your reboot ( and retry to login into Plesk afterwards ). Investigate as well the boot.log and MySQL - logs and, as before, the log from the Panel debug modus.

I tried to set chmod 1777 /tmp and regrettably it doesn't help.

I can't perform the second request, because I don't have enough administrator skills.

With linux you have as well the option to "locate" a file. Just type "locate filename" and the output will guide you to the location of the desired file.
A filename can vary, depending on your operating system, so it might be, that some boot-messages are missing in the "boot.log", you then have to investigate the "messages" and/or "dmesg" log - files. Mostly all system logs are located in /var/log/* .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back