• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I can not reset the admin password

Sergio Siqueira

New Pleskian
I can not reset the admin password. I did the password change on the Dashboard. After there was some problem in saving the data because the new password does not enter anymore. I am accessing the panel through plesk bin admin --get-login-link, after inserting the skip-grant-tables line in my.cnf. In the normal condition, it generates the following:

ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Zend_Exception
No entry is registered for key 'translate' (Abstract.php:144)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles ( I did not get any results )

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)' in /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=ps...', 'admin', '$AES-128-CBC$81...', Array) #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(111): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(460): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(36): Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('select param, v...') #6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(212): db_query('select param, v...', false) #7 /us (Abstract.php:144)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles ( I did not get any results )

Thank you for the information. I will insert the results.
ERROR 1728 (HY000): Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted

Cannot load from mysql.proc

I made the suggested corrections.
There were tables that needed correcting.
Now they are ok.
I use mysql 5.7.18 I will search to find other problems.
/var/log/plesk/install

mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET password=PASSWORD('$AES-128-***') WHERE User='admin';
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'password=PASSWORD('$AES-128-***') WHERE User='admin'' at line 1

Hi Sergio Siqueira,

I hope you didn't really use "$AES-128-***" as your current hashed password, but instead used YOUR VEY OWN AND UNIQUE ouput from:
Code:
cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow

The correct command to change the "admin" password in your mysql - db is:
Code:
UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('YOUR_VERY_OWN_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD_FOR_ADMIN-USER_ON_YOUR_SYSTEM') WHERE User='admin';

I'm using the correct hashed password found in .psa.shadow.
This password may be the old password that no longer exists.
It has been replaced on the Plesk Panel previously.
How can I find out the password in the hashed password?
ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'Password' in 'field list'

Last edited:
Hi Sergio Siqueira,

the stored hashed password at "/etc/psa/.psa.shadow" is the one you should use right now, if you desire to change the admin - password in your mysql - db.

For security reasons, Plesk doesn't store any unencrypted passwords anymore. The OLD usage of "/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password" ( which showed the clear-text password ) is not supported anymore. Instead, you would use: => "/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --get-login-link", to create a temporary login - link.

Back