• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved I can not reset the admin password

Sergio Siqueira

New Pleskian
I can not reset the admin password. I did the password change on the Dashboard. After there was some problem in saving the data because the new password does not enter anymore. I am accessing the panel through plesk bin admin --get-login-link, after inserting the skip-grant-tables line in my.cnf. In the normal condition, it generates the following:

ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Zend_Exception
No entry is registered for key 'translate' (Abstract.php:144)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles ( I did not get any results )

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)' in /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=ps...', 'admin', '$AES-128-CBC$81...', Array) #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(111): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(460): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(36): Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('select param, v...') #6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(212): db_query('select param, v...', false) #7 /us (Abstract.php:144)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles ( I did not get any results )

Thank you for the information. I will insert the results.
ERROR 1728 (HY000): Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted

Cannot load from mysql.proc

I made the suggested corrections.
There were tables that needed correcting.
Now they are ok.
I use mysql 5.7.18 I will search to find other problems.
/var/log/plesk/install

mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET password=PASSWORD('$AES-128-***') WHERE User='admin';
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'password=PASSWORD('$AES-128-***') WHERE User='admin'' at line 1

Hi Sergio Siqueira,

I hope you didn't really use "$AES-128-***" as your current hashed password, but instead used YOUR VEY OWN AND UNIQUE ouput from:
Code:
cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow

The correct command to change the "admin" password in your mysql - db is:
Code:
UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('YOUR_VERY_OWN_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD_FOR_ADMIN-USER_ON_YOUR_SYSTEM') WHERE User='admin';

I'm using the correct hashed password found in .psa.shadow.
This password may be the old password that no longer exists.
It has been replaced on the Plesk Panel previously.
How can I find out the password in the hashed password?
ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'Password' in 'field list'

Last edited:
Hi Sergio Siqueira,

the stored hashed password at "/etc/psa/.psa.shadow" is the one you should use right now, if you desire to change the admin - password in your mysql - db.

For security reasons, Plesk doesn't store any unencrypted passwords anymore. The OLD usage of "/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password" ( which showed the clear-text password ) is not supported anymore. Instead, you would use: => "/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --get-login-link", to create a temporary login - link.

Back