• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved I can't log in: Composer detected

musghs

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,
Since this morning I can no longer access the system. This error comes out:
- Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2".

I tried from SSH the following commands but nothing:
/opt/plesk/php/8.1/bin/php /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/composer.phar install

Response:
Composer could not find a composer.json file in /root
To initialize a project, please create a composer.json file. See Basic usage - Composer

if I run the command:
plesk bin extension --disable monitoring
Composer detected issues in your platform:
Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2". You are running 7.4.33.
PHP Fatal error: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2". You are running 7.4.33. in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/composer/platform_check.php on line 24
exit status 255

For now, I am using a work around that at least grants me access to the web interface again:

1. Disable composer
plesk bin extension --disable composer

2. Restart plesk (see plesk docs)
service sw-engine restart && service sw-cp-server restart

In our case it was a Plesk component that updated called "catalog" with a minimum requirement not met by our older Plesk version.

A work around for this is to edit: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/catalog/vendor/composer/platform_check.php

if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 70400)) {
$issues[] = 'Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.4.0". You are running ' . PHP_VERSION . '.';
}

Reducing the version requirement gets the panel to load again - but be warned this is unsupported hackery and that requirement is most likely intentional.

Hi, I'm logging today, 15 June 2023, Plesk Obsidian 18.0.41 and I get the error:
Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2".

I tried the: plesk bin extension --disable monitoring

And it didn't work. Also trying to disable composer and it says it's not installed. Can I get some help?

Back