• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I think I am confused but not sure

eskinner@ourams

New Pleskian
Hi all,
I have just installed 11.0 Plesk Panel with Web Site Builder and am a bit confused...
Somehow I changed the way my admin logs in and now I don't see all the setting options. Before there was a nav on the left side with a number of links to groups of configurations. Now all the links are on the top and 3/4s of the setting options are gone.
Could someone please tell me how to get my admin back to the original setup.
How I got in this mess in the first place is I am trying to control exactly what a customer of ours would see. I would like to enable and disable items on the screens. For example remove the File Manager and Applications off the home screen. From what I have read online I think this is possible, however, it is not clear how. When I log into the Plesk Admin Panel?, well used to when I had the admin screen, I only see the ability for me to switch Panels? between super user and power user? What is the difference between the panels? How do I control what the customer will see? Where are these custom settings?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Take Care,
Ed

Hi,
Thank you for your input, however, I am not sure what you mean... I currently do not see Server -> Interface Management -> Service Provider View at all. The links I see now are Home-Website&Domains-Mail-File Sharing-Statistics-Tools&Settings-My Profile... Not sure where Server went.
Also, that is only one part of the question. The other part is
Where in the Plesk product do you configure what the customer sees? I have seen input on the web about a configurable customer interface but can not find where that is in the ver 11.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Ed

Sorry, forgot we renamed that tab...

Tools & Settings -> Interface Management -> Service Provider View

Once you're back in Service Provider View, you control what your Customers see by configuring Service Plans. The Customers' subscription (which is their hosting account) is created on the basis of the Service Plan they sign up for. So, in the Service Plans you create, you can enable/disable anything you want your Customers to be able to control.

Hi Blake,
No worries and thank you. I am back now in the Service Provider mode!:)
I have a couple of additional questions.
We only really want to provide the web site builder and perhaps statistics. Is there a way to disable applications and web hosting? More specifically, we do not want the File Manager visible from within Plesk because we want everyone to use the web site builder.

Can we disable the Applications view as well?
Second, does the web statistics apply to the web sites built with web presence builder?
Thanks again for your assistance.
Take Care,
Ed

Hello Ed,

As far as I understood from your query, you do not want to provide your customers with some of the Plesk functionalities.
In-order to not display some of the options for a particular domain. You can go to the below mentioned location and edit the subscription to which the domain belongs to:
Goto
Domains --> Click on the domain name --> Click on the customize button --> Permissions --> Here you can set the required options.

Also, You can do another thing create a user role by going to any domain's user section. There you can create a specific user role with the necessary requirements. After creating the user role grant the specified user with the customised role. Hope, this will help you.

Thanks and Regards
Priyaranjan

Hi,
Thank you for the info. I believe this is the same info that is found in the Service Plans area, however, it's not quite what I'm looking for. It covers a great deal of it but there is one thing I still need to figure out. How do I remove the Web Sites and Domains tab? We really only want the WPB to be shown so our customers are limited to its functionality. Is there a way to remove the Web Site and Domains tab? Does this tab have anything to do with WPB?
Thank you for your assistance,
Ed

Solution:

Hello Ed,

You can disable the the File manager and the websites and domains tab from the customers control panel by moving on to the below mentioned section:

Home>Tools & Settings>Interface Management

Hope, the solution provided will help you out..

Thanks and Regards
Priyaranjan

Thank you again for your assistance, however, I have disabled the domains in the interface management and the file manager still shows up... Perhaps a different way to access the WPB would work. Is there a link in the WPB that customers can log into the WPB without seeing the Plesk panel? That way we can direct our customers to their web site and let them go from there...
This is becoming a real issue for us.
Thanks,
Ed

Back