• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved IMAP ./Sent instead of ./INBOX/Sent

ManuelGDot

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

is it possible to configure IMAP on Plesk so mail clients don't struggle with copying mail to the sent folder using their default settings?

Right now I have to explicitly configure every mail client to use ./INBOX/Sent. By default they try to use ./Sent, which works fine on my iMSCP server.
E.g. Thunderbird settings.
1. Option (default): "Sent" folder on "[email protected]" <- Doesn't work
2. Option: Other (then select the Sent folder) <- Works
Weiterleitungshinweis

I'd really like the first option to work, but I'm not sure where to start looking.

Thanks,
Manuel.

It's the same also for Drafts as I just found out. This is not very convenient, I'd really like to have it the other way.

I solved this now by adding a new file to /etc/dovecot/conf.d with the content:

namespace inbox {
prefix = INBOX.
}

Not sure if this is the best solution however. Why isn't that the default setting of Plesk / Dovecot like on most commercial mail servers, gmail etc.

What about updates of Plesk, will Plesk remove the file on update or config change?

As it turned out, although Thunderbird was completely fine with the prefix setting in place, Outlook 2016 still wasn't able to copy mails to the Sent folder. This was the final solution:

/etc/dovecot/conf.d/99-my-settings.conf
namespace inbox {
prefix = INBOX.
mailbox Junk {
special_use = \Junk
}
mailbox Trash {
special_use = \Trash
}
mailbox Sent {
special_use = \Sent
}