• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

#include virtual ... problems

F

ferdz

The problem i have relates to the #include virtual that is used within .asp to include other files.

I am currenlty migrating a .asp site. On the old server the site works find but when i put it on the new plesk server i keep getting Internal server error. When i looked in the error logs it tells me

"GET /Default.asp |2|ASP_0126|Include_file_not_found 500 0 1448 243 0"

I then noticed that it was related to the include statement in the script. My gut feeling is that its related to the way plesk creates multiple web sites using virtual directories.

If anyone has come across this #include virtual problem please let me know......

thanks

Ferdinand

Originally posted by ferdz
My gut feeling is that its related to the way plesk creates multiple web sites using virtual directories.
Your gut feeling is correct. Thankfully, this is fixed in Plesk 7. But until then, you'll have to work around it. Because of the virtual directories, the virtual path to your file would actually be:

/domain.name_non_ssl/Default.asp

with domain.name being the domain name of the site, of course.

I would guess setting up a "web site" in IIS manually and pointing it at your Plesk created content directory would solve the issue. We have needed to use this work around in many cases thus far, I have nightmares already about trying to upgrade our machines from 6.5 to 7.0 if Plesk even provides for this.

Matt

Back