• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Install memcache PHP7 error

Bogdan1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

how can I install memcache(not memcached) for php7?
I tried this:
/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/pecl install memcache

but I've got this error:

running: make

/bin/sh /tmp/pear-build-rootbaIglr/memcache-2.2.7/libtool --mode=compile cc -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php -I. -I/tmp/memcache -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/tmp/pear-build-rootbaIglr/memcache-2.2.7/include -I/tmp/pear-build-rootbaIglr/memcache-2.2.7/main -I/tmp/memcache -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/main -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/TSRM -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/Zend -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/ext -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/ext/date/lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c /tmp/memcache/memcache.c -o memcache.lo

libtool: compile: cc -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php -I. -I/tmp/memcache -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/tmp/pear-build-rootbaIglr/memcache-2.2.7/include -I/tmp/pear-build-rootbaIglr/memcache-2.2.7/main -I/tmp/memcache -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/main -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/TSRM -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/Zend -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/ext -I/opt/plesk/php/7.0/include/php/ext/date/lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c /tmp/memcache/memcache.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/memcache.o

/tmp/memcache/memcache.c:40:40: fatal error: ext/standard/php_smart_str.h: No such file or directory

#include "ext/standard/php_smart_str.h"

^

compilation terminated.

make: *** [memcache.lo] Error 1

ERROR: `make' failed

Thanks

Hi Bogdan1,

pls. be aware, that not all pecl - packages are compatible with all current ( and feature ) PHP - versions. One reason can be, that they are not maintained anymore, which is likely the case, when you see no updates/patches for several years. Pls. see for example:

=> https://pecl.php.net/package/memcache

... and you will notice, that the last release was at "2013-04-07".

Nevertheless, some extensions have been ported by other users over the internet, which could solve issues/errors/problems, but be aware that since they are no official releases, you would use such ported extensions on your very own risk, without any support!

A ported MEMCACHE - version for PHP 7 can be found at GitHub => websupport-sk/pecl-memcache

... and the steps to use such a ported extension are :
!!! Due to the fact, that this is a PORTED extension, you don't need to run "make install" now... you just COPY the corresponding *.so to your Plesk PHP 7 - MODULES - folder !!!​
  • cp /root/addons/php/extensions/pecl-memcache-NON_BLOCKING_IO_php7/modules/memcache.so /opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/
  • echo "extension = memcache.so" > /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.d/memcache.ini
  • plesk bin php_handler --reread
  • make clean
  • service apache2 restart ( or for CentOS/RHEL - based systems, pls. use: service httpd restart )
  • service plesk-php70-fpm restart

Back