• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install php-soap

arcadio813

New Pleskian
I'm currently running CentOS 6.5 with Plesk 12.5.30 and PHP 5.3.3-3.el6_2.6, php not as cgi .

Yum install php-soap or php53-soap is not working, no packages were found, same result after adding 2 extra repos.

In /usr/lib64/php/modules there is no file soap.so and phpinfo() says soap is not installed.

So maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or missing, I'm currently at my wits' end :).

Try to check "multiple PHP version support" feature. Go to Tools & Settings -> Updates and Upgrades and install additional PHP versions. Then go to Tools & Settings -> PHP Settings, select necessary PHP handler and enable or disable necessary PHP extensions.

Settings_for_5_3_29_FastCGI_application_-_Plesk_12_5_30.png

Ok, I did it with PHP 5.4.45. Then I could run this version as FastCGI including soap. Unfortunately I would miss all advantages of .hcaccess configuration, so this is no practicable way. Is it possible/recommended to mix 5.3.3 with soap module from 5.4.45 and if yes where to find the extension module?

.htaccess is processed by web server, not by PHP. If you have selected the option "PHP 5.x via nginx" then .htaccess would not work. But serving of PHP via nginx requires PHP-FPM mode. Please make sure that you have selected PHP via Apache and check it once again.

I run Apache 2. To to make things short: I select domain in admin panel, switch to PHP 5.4.45 and run it as fastCGI as no Apache is listed in dropdown, only fastCGI. .htaccess will be processed by Apache anyway and soap should work?

Attachments

• php.jpg
    php.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 9
Back