• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Install php7.3 memcached failed

mrmad

New Pleskian
Hi,

I tried to install memcached for php 7.3 after upgrading Plesk Onyx to Obsidian. I followed this article here , running into this issue after:

/opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/pecl install memcached

WARNING: channel "pecl.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "pecl channel-update pecl.php.net" to update
pecl/memcached can optionally use PHP extension "igbinary" (version >= 2.0)
pecl/memcached can optionally use PHP extension "msgpack" (version >= 2.0)
downloading memcached-3.1.4.tgz ...
Starting to download memcached-3.1.4.tgz (82,920 bytes)
....................done: 82,920 bytes
PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php on line 1933
15 source files, building
running: phpize
sh: 1: phpize: not found
ERROR: `phpize' failed

Use plesk-php73-dev package name for Ubuntu. Package name plesk-php73-devel is for CentOS.

(Slightly) different error message now:

/opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/pecl install memcached

WARNING: channel "pecl.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "pecl channel-update pecl.php.net" to update

pecl/memcached can optionally use PHP extension "igbinary" (version >= 2.0)

pecl/memcached can optionally use PHP extension "msgpack" (version >= 2.0)

downloading memcached-3.1.4.tgz ...

Starting to download memcached-3.1.4.tgz (82,920 bytes)

....................done: 82,920 bytes

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php on line 1933

15 source files, building

running: phpize

Configuring for:

PHP Api Version: 20180731

Zend Module Api No: 20180731

Zend Extension Api No: 320180731

Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the

$PHP_AUTOCONF environment variable. Then, rerun this script.

ERROR: `phpize' failed

Have you read the article mentioned by you above?

For deb-based OS (Debian, Ubuntu)

# apt install memcached
# apt install autoconf automake gcc libmemcached-dev libhashkit-dev pkg-config plesk-php..-dev zlib1g-dev

I did read and I already installed via apt. Plesk handler reloaded. Still can’t see memcached extension anywhere. I was able to install without any problems while on onyx.
PHP-FPM won’t restart now:
. Error: ERROR:fpm_util:check failed service plesk-php73-fpm socket /run/plesk/plesk-php73-fpm.sock reason [Errno 111] Connection refused: '/run/plesk/plesk-php73-fpm.sock' Job for plesk-php73-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status plesk-php73-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. ERROR:php_fpm:Failed to restart plesk-php73-fpm service, pause before retry Job for plesk-php73-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status plesk-php73-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. Failed to start plesk-php73-fpm service

I have installed it without any problems with the following steps:

# apt-get install libmemcached-dev plesk-php73-dev autoconf automake gcc make
# /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/pecl install memcached
# echo "extension=memcached.so" > /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php.d/memcached.ini
# plesk bin php_handler --reread

Now I see:

# /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php -i | grep "memcached support"
memcached support => enabled
root@ppu18-0-webpro:~# /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php -m | grep memcached
memcached

What sort of errors in the output of the command:

# journalctl -u plesk-php73-fpm

?

root@v81553:~# systemctl status plesk-php73-fpm.service
● plesk-php73-fpm.service - The PHP 7.3.11 FastCGI Proce Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plesk-php73-fpm.s Drop-In: /lib/systemd/system/plesk-php73-fpm.service.d └─limit_nofile.conf, respawn.conf
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) Process: 27083 ExecStart=/opt/plesk/php/7.3/sbin/php-f Main PID: 27083 (code=exited, status=78)

Go to Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > 7.3.x FPM application, open php.ini tab and check that all opcache directives are commented there. Comment them if not and try to restart php-fpm service again.

There wasn’t anything uncommented. Restarted with no avail other that I am getting the same error now when I try to enable php7.2-fpm o_O

I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team in this case. They will check and fix the issue directly on your server.

this is the error:

~# systemctl status plesk-php72-fpm.service
● plesk-php72-fpm.service - The PHP 7.2.24 FastCGI Process Manager
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plesk-php72-fpm.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /lib/systemd/system/plesk-php72-fpm.service.d
└─limit_nofile.conf
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2019-11-07 08:40:15 CET; 1min 0s ago
Process: 20904 ExecStart=/opt/plesk/php/7.2/sbin/php-fpm --nodaemonize (code=exited, status=78)
Main PID: 20904 (code=exited, status=78)

Back