• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Install php7.3 memcached failed

mrmad

New Pleskian
Hi,

I tried to install memcached for php 7.3 after upgrading Plesk Onyx to Obsidian. I followed this article here , running into this issue after:

/opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/pecl install memcached

WARNING: channel "pecl.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "pecl channel-update pecl.php.net" to update
pecl/memcached can optionally use PHP extension "igbinary" (version >= 2.0)
pecl/memcached can optionally use PHP extension "msgpack" (version >= 2.0)
downloading memcached-3.1.4.tgz ...
Starting to download memcached-3.1.4.tgz (82,920 bytes)
....................done: 82,920 bytes
PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php on line 1933
15 source files, building
running: phpize
sh: 1: phpize: not found
ERROR: `phpize' failed

Use plesk-php73-dev package name for Ubuntu. Package name plesk-php73-devel is for CentOS.

(Slightly) different error message now:

/opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/pecl install memcached

WARNING: channel "pecl.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "pecl channel-update pecl.php.net" to update

pecl/memcached can optionally use PHP extension "igbinary" (version >= 2.0)

pecl/memcached can optionally use PHP extension "msgpack" (version >= 2.0)

downloading memcached-3.1.4.tgz ...

Starting to download memcached-3.1.4.tgz (82,920 bytes)

....................done: 82,920 bytes

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php on line 1933

15 source files, building

running: phpize

Configuring for:

PHP Api Version: 20180731

Zend Module Api No: 20180731

Zend Extension Api No: 320180731

Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the

$PHP_AUTOCONF environment variable. Then, rerun this script.

ERROR: `phpize' failed

Have you read the article mentioned by you above?

For deb-based OS (Debian, Ubuntu)

# apt install memcached
# apt install autoconf automake gcc libmemcached-dev libhashkit-dev pkg-config plesk-php..-dev zlib1g-dev

I did read and I already installed via apt. Plesk handler reloaded. Still can’t see memcached extension anywhere. I was able to install without any problems while on onyx.
PHP-FPM won’t restart now:
. Error: ERROR:fpm_util:check failed service plesk-php73-fpm socket /run/plesk/plesk-php73-fpm.sock reason [Errno 111] Connection refused: '/run/plesk/plesk-php73-fpm.sock' Job for plesk-php73-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status plesk-php73-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. ERROR:php_fpm:Failed to restart plesk-php73-fpm service, pause before retry Job for plesk-php73-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status plesk-php73-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. Failed to start plesk-php73-fpm service

I have installed it without any problems with the following steps:

# apt-get install libmemcached-dev plesk-php73-dev autoconf automake gcc make
# /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/pecl install memcached
# echo "extension=memcached.so" > /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php.d/memcached.ini
# plesk bin php_handler --reread

Now I see:

# /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php -i | grep "memcached support"
memcached support => enabled
root@ppu18-0-webpro:~# /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php -m | grep memcached
memcached

What sort of errors in the output of the command:

# journalctl -u plesk-php73-fpm

?

root@v81553:~# systemctl status plesk-php73-fpm.service
● plesk-php73-fpm.service - The PHP 7.3.11 FastCGI Proce Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plesk-php73-fpm.s Drop-In: /lib/systemd/system/plesk-php73-fpm.service.d └─limit_nofile.conf, respawn.conf
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) Process: 27083 ExecStart=/opt/plesk/php/7.3/sbin/php-f Main PID: 27083 (code=exited, status=78)

Go to Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > 7.3.x FPM application, open php.ini tab and check that all opcache directives are commented there. Comment them if not and try to restart php-fpm service again.

There wasn’t anything uncommented. Restarted with no avail other that I am getting the same error now when I try to enable php7.2-fpm o_O

I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team in this case. They will check and fix the issue directly on your server.

this is the error:

~# systemctl status plesk-php72-fpm.service
● plesk-php72-fpm.service - The PHP 7.2.24 FastCGI Process Manager
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plesk-php72-fpm.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /lib/systemd/system/plesk-php72-fpm.service.d
└─limit_nofile.conf
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2019-11-07 08:40:15 CET; 1min 0s ago
Process: 20904 ExecStart=/opt/plesk/php/7.2/sbin/php-fpm --nodaemonize (code=exited, status=78)
Main PID: 20904 (code=exited, status=78)

Back