• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Install Python and run python scripts

NickC

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55 Update #2, last updated on Oct 3, 2023 03:58 AM
Hi,

I want to install Python on my Linux server and run python scripts with the task scheduler.

1. How do I install Python. Can this only be done with yum? (yum install -y python3) or also in Plesk?
2. What version of Python is installed in that case?
3. Where do I put my Python scripts?
4. How do I set up the task scheduler?
I know I would have to use the option "Run a command", but then I need the right command to execute.
5. The script produces a report. Is this stored in the same folder as the script?

Thanks a lot for your support !
Nick.

Hi @NickC

1. https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-from-domain-s-Hosting-Settings-page-in-Plesk
2. python --version
3. Root folder /httpdocs
4. Scheduling Tasks - Documentation from Plesk Knowledge Base
5. I think so, review your code.
Hi,

I want to install Python on my Linux server and run python scripts with the task scheduler.

1. How do I install Python. Can this only be done with yum? (yum install -y python3) or also in Plesk?
2. What version of Python is installed in that case?
3. Where do I put my Python scripts?
4. How do I set up the task scheduler?
I know I would have to use the option "Run a command", but then I need the right command to execute.
5. The script produces a report. Is this stored in the same folder as the script?

Thanks a lot for your support !
Nick.

I had issues running the Python scripts directly so as workaround I called the Python script using PHP.

<?php $command = escapeshellcmd('python3 index.py'); $output = shell_exec($command); echo $output; ?>

Back