• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install SSL certificate

I

inCharge.co.uk

I have purchased a certificate but can't install it because all the buttons in the Plesk 'Certificates' page are disabled.

I clicked 'Add', completed the form, then clicked 'Request' to generate a CSR, and used this to purchase a certificate. So far so good.

According to instructions at
http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/...al/ch03s35.html : "You will be able to add the other certificate parts later on." but no can do.

Now when I go back to to that domain's certificate everything's disabled except the certificate name change 'Set' button.

I have 10 domains on one shared IP address but only one domain will have a certificate.

The certificate is from Comodo but although they have instructions for Plesk these are not clear and appear to be for Linux versions. When I asked about Plesk on Windows they sent a link to instructions on IIS
http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certi...?currency=USD&region=North America&country=gb

But I'd rather use Plesk if possible.

Another problem is that Comodo certificates are chained and most Plesk instructions don't mention how to install a root certificate.

I've not used SSL before so my understanding is hazy which doesn't help. Any Ideas?

Cheers, Julian

Hi

Did you ever resolve this issue. I asked Plesk but 24 hours on its not going anywhere and its urgent.

Regards

I did have it working for a while on version 6.5 then it broke durng the upgrade to 7 and I didn't get around to fixing it.

The certificate needed to be installed at the Server/Certificates level, not at the domain/Cetificate level, because the IP address is shared with other domains. I'm not sure if you can still do this with 7 - that may be my current problem.

As far as Commodo certificates are concerned - I needed to paste 2 parts of the certificate into one box - although I can't remember which parts or which box as it's been a while.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Julian

Thanks for the reply

I tried installing at server level on exclusive ip but it doesnt like it. Everything still disabled. Maybe ill try again as i tried every which way but worth another go i guess.

Regards
Ashley

What's the certificate authority? Is it also Commodo?

Back