• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation using autoinstaller

V

viruseater

I followed the links to the SB download. I checked this 5 times to make sure I was right.

The downloaded auto installer starts out by telling me it's going to install PLESK. not Sitebuilder. It also warns me about upgrading.

My question is why does it say plesk and not sitebuilder? i can't afford to take the server down trying to install a site builder?!?

I went ahead through a couple steps and sure enough it said PSA all the way through. The filename was even PSA

Can someone help?

OK scratch that, I didn't realize i already installed this when I upgraded from 8.0.1 to 8.1

Now, it's installed and I have no idea what the admin username and password is. I've tried the username/password for the server (the plesk login) but of course that does not work.

How exactly does one login to the system without this info? it's not in the installation documents either.

Hello vriuseater,
Thank you for your feedback. The information on default credentials were orignally located in Administrator's guide (
Now we updated the Installation Guide so it now contains the section "First Time Login".

Thanks,

I actually got in last night. It had set up the admin email as root@localhost so I just went into the database and changed it to my email, then did a 'forgot password' and had it emailed to me :)

I also went and purchased a 100 site lease license. I want to see how users feel before purchasing this again (i owned this on a yearly license quite awhile ago).

when I made the purchase it let me pay with PayPal. i did so, and got a transaction number.

On regnow's website it says you should get the license within 30 minutes. After about 10 hours with not a single word (or receipt) i emailed them.

Here's the email I sent:
--
I purchased a monthly license from you about 10 hours ago. The site told me I should have my license within 30 minutes.

The paypal address I paid with is [email protected]

Can I get some help?
--

This was the reply:
--

Dear Customer,

We have searched our system using the information provided in your email
but we have been unable to locate any orders. Please reply with your
order number or the e-mail address you entered into the order so that we
may locate your purchase.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this message. When
replying, please be sure to include this and any other pertinent
correspondence in your message.

Sincerely,
Michelle B.
RegNow! Customer Service
[email protected]
http://www.regnow.com/help
Case ID:15796435
--

Is this really the lack of professionalism I can expect from here on out? I make an order, PAY for it, and am told (after already providing the correct information) that my purchase can't be found?

the 30 minute wait is now going into the second day.

By the way, this is what I sent back to regnow and of course haven't heard a peep from them since. Course the transaction number clearly identifies the purchase.

--
Here is my detail sheet from PayPal. Now sure what to tell you about not being able to find it. This also includes the transaction number

Transaction Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Accept Payment Sent (ID # 6LW45945AX864334P)

Business Name:
RegNow (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:
-$19.90 USD

Item Amount:
$19.90 USD
Shipping:
$0.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:
Item Title:
RegNow order 16509453829843909267
Item Number:
Invoice ID:
Date:
Dec. 2, 2006
Time:
13:25:54 PST
Completed
Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

Business Contact Information

Customer Service Email: [email protected]

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Funding Source:
$19.90 USD - PayPal Account

Our system sent you an email to the [email protected]. If you did not get it please verify that it has not been caught by your spam filters and that your mailbox is not full.
This message contains the link to the Credit Card confirmation form for the lease monthly charges - that's required since you selected the monthly lease payment option. License won't be activated until SWsoft gets that form signed and faxed by you.

Might want to check your spelling.

regnow sent me this:

The vendor has chosen to handle this process and will email this
information to <[email protected]> . This will be done within 24 hours
from the time your order was placed 12/02/06. If this information has
not been received, and the specified time-frame has expired, you may
contact the vendor directly to question the status of your order.

the email address does not exist. it's misspelled.

Further, there isn't any email waiting at that address, and reviewing mail logs nothing has been recieved at all. I'm assuming this is due to the spelling error.

1. I DID use your online support.
2. Since I replied i have gotten NO response.

This is just awful.

Why can't you simply send what you said you did? christ

ugh..

this is insane. I'm going to just dispute the charge, get my money back, and find a real company that has their **** together.

Glad I found this out now before support became critical.

Back