• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Installed 18.0.55 but again appears as available to install

manos

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,

Installed 18.0.55 at many servers, everything went ok.
At one server there is strange behaviour though

Installed successfully (and still working fine) but at home
i see this
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.55, last updated on Aug 27, 2023 02:58 AM
while it was updated at September2

And not only this, wehenever goinf to updates, i see message component updates available,
if i press it available component for plesk is plesk!

i installed it from there again, did microupdates repatch from ssh and always appears available to install here is what i
see at admin notifications is that 18.0.54 installed?

Plesk Updates
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54 Update 4 has been installed
02:06
Plesk Updates
02:04
Plesk Updates
01:57
Plesk Updates
01:08

i think the problem is that somehow plesk can not find that latest version is installed, any ideas?

server wokring very fine though

Adding :
plesk -v
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55.0
OS version: AlmaLinux 8.8 x86_64
Build date: 2023/08/25 08:00
Revision: a2f5debcf82a0893c6d1601ce9d63a946814376c

if try plesk installer update plesk or plesk installer upgrade PLESK_18_0_55
it reinstalls 18.0.55 but at plesk admin notifications the message is always Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54 Update 4 has been installed

the correct message should be that latest version is installed

Please check /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log if it shows this line:
Code:
ERR [panel] No info about current plesk installation at upgrade history
and let me know the result.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked the content of /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log whether it contains the line
Code:
?

Last edited:
Have you checked the content of /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log whether it contains the line
Code:
?
No, file exists but is empty

I have the exact same issue. No content in /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log either.

Uh oh. As administrator, if I click on a domain in my domains list, they all do this:
1693710470468.png
The update has obviously broken a few things.

Regarding autoinstaller3.log I think I made a typo, but please check again, /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log must have content.

Regarding the broken dynamic list, it could be linked to it as something went wrong with some upgrades on Alma 8 and Rocky 8, but it is not clear that this is the same issue as described above version issue. Did you try to apply the workaround to fix the broken Dynamic list? Because that also re-runs Plesk installer so the question is whether the version issue is fixed by that, too.

It says to yum remove psa-firewall && plesk installer update. I have some custom firewall rules I don't want to lose so I haven't done that yet. Will I have to re-create my firewall rules after doing this?

Sorry, I haven't looked at the settings page for years and didn't even know that was an option now.
BTW - I checked the log file and there are no errors in the updated installation.

OK, that solved the issue with the domain list. It also now shows the latest Plesk version updated on the correct date. It appears that KB fixes both of the issues. Thank you.

OK, that solved the issue with the domain list. It also now shows the latest Plesk version updated on the correct date. It appears that KB fixes both of the issues. Thank you.
You reinstalled plesk firewall extension after the update?
dnf remove psa-firewall for me will bring the message that does not exist as my service is plesk-firewall

I usually use dnf but the KB article said yum so I just followed that exactly. Shouldn't be any difference, but you never know. Oddly, it didn't seem to remove the firewall or my settings at all.
First, I ran:
Code:
# yum remove psa-firewall && plesk installer update
Then I restarted Plesk panel:
Code:
# service sw-engine restart && service sw-cp-server restart
And everything seems back to normal. I didn't have to do anything regarding the firewall, it was all still there with all of my custom rules. Also, it looks like the command should remove the update, but it was still there at the latest version with the date corrected to the right one. I obviously don't understand what that command does, but it doesn't remove either the firewall or the latest update, it just fixed whatever the update broke.

I usually use dnf but the KB article said yum so I just followed that exactly. Shouldn't be any difference, but you never know. Oddly, it didn't seem to remove the firewall or my settings at all.
First, I ran:
Code:
# yum remove psa-firewall && plesk installer update
Then I restarted Plesk panel:
Code:
# service sw-engine restart && service sw-cp-server restart
And everything seems back to normal. I didn't have to do anything regarding the firewall, it was all still there with all of my custom rules. Also, it looks like the command should remove the update, but it was still there at the latest version with the date corrected to the right one. I obviously don't understand what that command does, but it doesn't remove either the firewall or the latest update, it just fixed whatever the update broke.
i do no have psa-firewall service anymore, it is named plesk-firewall at this machine

Perhaps @Peter Debik can help with this.
Attached KVM over IP to be sure.

Works as Peter wrotes

i did not have the psa-firewall.service but had the psa-firewall (i assume it is table or something)
that removed with dnf remove psa-firewall.
plesk-firewal.service was still there (it is the new name after 18.0.53 i think) so iptables was safe.
Installed with plesk installer update, all ok now

Back