• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing An SSL Cert On A Server With Only 1 IP

M

MustangProds

Hi,

I've been searching through the forums trying to get help on an issue with installing an SSL cert on PLESK 8.2.1

My server only has one IP address and I have set up 10 domains on it which are thus sharing the IP.

In the IP section of the site I have set the IP to shared rather than dedicated so the server knows it is for all domains. I then generated the CSR on the specific site and received the key's back and uploaded them successfully under the domain I want to use it for, but as there is only one IP, I don't get the drop down box to allow me to select the new certificate over the default Plesk one.

Does any one know how I can get round this or if they know of a specific forum that answers this as I've been searching and can't find one and am pulling out the little bit of hair I have left.

Thanks

Grant

If you only have one IP, you need to configure the SSL stuff, under "SERVER" menu.

You need to set it up for the entire server, and not just for one IP/domain.

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have 1 cert which is for 1 of my 5 domains. The problem is that it is not appearing in the drop down menu (Server/IP addresses) Do I have to add the certificate to the server as well as the domain?

If you add the cert. to the server, and make it the "default" cert - you should be able to use it on your domain.

Add the cert under <SERVER> and <CERTIFICATES>.

Thanks, that should work!!

Incidentally, should I remove the cert from the domain?

Cheers

Gordon

Installed the cert on server set as default but still not working properly. When I type https://mydomain the padlock (Firefox) has a line thru it and page info says Connection partially encrypted..

is this normal shouldn't the address bar be yellow to show the page is encrypted

Thanks

Gordon

If you have setup a default cert., you need to setup the usage of the cert in domain hosting:

Certificate: default certificate (Administrator's repository)

- This should work.

Are you sure that the cert. is genuene, and up-to-date?

Hi.
I have been advised by my Hosting (webfusion) to install the cert (Comodo PostiveSSL) on the domain rather than the server. Now when I go to domain/setup I can see only default certificate (Administrator's Repository) I need to somehow change the domain's certificate to the Comodo PositiveSSL certificate.

Thanks
Gordon

I am also having this problem, no drop down menu. I have a dedicated server with 1 IP. Has anyone found a solution?

Possible workaround

I ran into this issue as well, and although I could not get the new certificate (that I installed on the server, not the domain) to show up in the drop down menu of Domain->Setup, I was able to replace the default cert with the one I installed:

http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1736

HTH,
Chip

Back