• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing DotNetNuke 4.8.1

S

samarkand

Installing DotNetNuke 4.8.2

I rent a VPS which runs Windows Server 2003 standard ed with Virtuozzo and Plesk 8.1.1 and I recently had some difficulty installing DotNetNuke 4.8.2 on a domain created in Plesk (I checked the box for its own Application Pool when I did this).

After ftp-ing the installation tree into httpdocs and creating a database in SQL Server 2005 express I encountered some permission problems whilst attempting to run the installation.

After some head-scratching I logged in remotely and in IIS manager I tried changing the account for the Application Pool for the domain created in Plesk from the IWPD_n(xxx) account to NETWORK SERVICE, whereupon the installation was completed without any more apparant problems.

My question is: are there any likely negative consequences of doing this? if not, what is the reason for the special IWPD_n(xxx) account used to run the Application Pool and what advantages does this have over running with the NETWORK SERVICE account?

Back