• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Installing Plesk on OLS/mariaDB/PHPv7 - IP incongruence and Apache requested

Jamie

New Pleskian
I'm attempting to setup a webserver on AWS with this config:
Web Server: Openlitespeed 14.25
SQL: mariaDB v10.0
PHP: PHPv7.0

After getting everything installed and running I tried to install Plesk, I ran into a problem with it not being able to write to stdout, I then modified the command for one-click-install to only use wget and pointed the wget -o to a specific file and the installation started.

I chose the recommended install, however, it stated that service apache2 has to be started, though I use openlitespeed so I ignored it.

Upon finishing it provided 2 links that I can use to finish the installation, these were the private DNS and private IPs of my AWS server, so they didn't work. I added the new port to the AWS security group and changed the URL to have it open in my public IP and it started.

On the page asking for IPs, it only allowed me to enter the private IP of my server, stating that the 'key' is wrong. Leaving me no choice but to use the private IP. After clicking next, I received an email:

Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <ec2-**-2*2-2*0-5*.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com> because of the following errors:

Template_Exception: Can not restart web server: httpd stop failed
0 /usr/sbin/apache2 processes are killed
httpd stop failed
0 /usr/sbin/apache2 processes are killed

file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Web/Server/Apache.php
line: 108
code: 0

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.

I would like to use openlitespeed, not apache.

So:
  1. Is supplying the private IP in the install process the correct thing to do?
  2. Why does the CLI install finish with the wrong URL's to complete the process?
  3. How do I successfully install it using openlitespeed?

Thanks

In my point of view:

OLS did not listed as supported components of Plesk software requirement:
Software Requirements for Plesk

That mean there is no installation script for OLS integration provided from Plesk.

Although you may find a LiteSpeed extension for Plesk, but as my understand, the extension was developed by LiteSpeed Technologies Inc, not Plesk.

In fact, LiteSpeed has stated that OLS did not compatible with any hosting control panel which should included Plesk:
LiteSpeed - Comparison of LiteSpeed Web Server Editions

Back