1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

installing plesk panel 9 with php 5.2

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by danharris83, Jun 10, 2012.

1. danharris83

danharris83 Guest

Hi i really need help i have a custom joomla plugin that needs php 5.2

im not sure how to and if there is a way to install plesk 9 and php 5.2

and will my license for plesk 10 be ok to use.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

I dont believe that you can use anything other than a 9 license with plesk 9. Although php isnt a plesk thing so it comes with the OS you use, or a third party repo like art so you can install any php version you want no matter what version of Plesk you use. I would always recomend to use the latest stable branch (5.3) since 5.2 is now old and has lots of security holes. It may be better to try and get the plugin author to make it 5.3 (and soon 6.0) compatible.

3. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    Upgrading PHP

As Amin mentioned, you can't use your plesk 10 licence on Plesk 9. However the reverse might be true (since your licence would be upgraded or converted to Plesk 10 version)

About upgrading php, its pretty easy on any plesk version. You can just run the commands:

Code:
    wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic.sh | sh
    yum update php