• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing SSL on plesk 7.5 for windows

S

sriraj

I am trying to install a THAWTE webserver ssl on plesk 7.5. I have got the CSR, PRIVATE KEY and CERTIFICATE i got back from THAWTE . when i upload the certificate as text file n plesk i get this warnign

Warning: unlink(C:/Program Files/SWsoft/Plesk//tmp/cer446.tmp): No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.SSLCertificate.php on line 391

and the certificate is not activated. can anyone plshelp me with this . I havent installed ssl on plesk before and I am having a hard time getting it to work.

Please make sure that folder
C:/Program Files/SWsoft/Plesk//tmp
exists.
Unfortunately there is not enough of information to give you more detailed solution.

Hi, Thanks for replying to my post . I appreciate your quick response.

I have managed to install the certificate but still when i go to the url using (url) https://www.wyethnutrition.com.au i get this error

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i try it second time i can see that the status bar displays the lock icon but when i click on it i get this message "CERTIFICATE INFORMATION - This type of document does not have a security certificate" the site is running asp Do i need to set up the ssl seperately on iis as well?

It seems that port 443 is filtered or closed. Please check how it's working directly from within server.

Hi

I have tried to ping and also used telnet to the port. it seems to be working normally. can you suggest some other method to Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server?

Also do i need to configure the iis seperately after setting up ssl on plesk?

Back