• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Installing xdebug for plesk panel's php / sw-engine

ioweb.gr

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'd like to develop a small extension for plesk onyx and I'd like to debug it using xdebug. From what I can see plesk isn't using any of the php handlers used for customer subscriptions but instead it's run using sw-engine which is actually a php interpreter.

Is there any way to load xdebug to it? I couldn't find it's pear.conf file (probably because it's compiled --without-pear) or anything that could actually assist me in installing it for sw-engine.

Any help is appreciated

Hi ioweb.gr,

sorry, but you are not able to add additional modules to the Plesk Control Panel PHP version and it is not at all recommended at all as well, to avoid performance and configuration issues/errors/problems.

Pls. feel free to reach the extension - developers - team at => [email protected] for additional questions/issues, related to your goals. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick response. That's sad to hear. Over the years I've found that actually working without a debugger in most cases results in bugs that are hard to trace (especially errors in logic) and solve as well as add a lot of code cleaning tasks afterwards. That's why I was hoping that I could enable it on my dev environment. Of course it wouldn't be for production but for development only.

I'll give it a shot at the email address you provided and see if maybe there is an alternative to xdebug that can be used.

Back