• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Interspire WebEdit CMS

W

webcraft

Guest
Hi,

This worked fantastically on a shared hosting account, but I cannot set it up on my VPS - all I get are endless permissions errors. The software company's knowledgebase says:

The possible solutions are:
1. Best scenario:
To have the web server running on the same user as the FTP user. This will ensure PHP is allowed to save on the web site as well as any program the web designer may be using.

2. Good scenario:
To have the web server running on the same group as the FTP user. Given the files allow full permissions for the group, any of the users within the group will have access to the files.

I am not even sure what this means let alone how I can achieve it when I have more than one client/domain on the VPS.

The only other alternative is to set most of the files in teh software and all my client's editable files to 0777, which I don;t want to do for obvious reasons.

Sorry to be such an idiot, but can anybody help?

- NickB
 
Back
Top