• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IP address of the subdomain domain

T

TechnergyS

Dear all

I have a question related to the A record added when I create a new subdomain.

Our plesk server is behind the firewall, so the plesk server is using internal IP address - say 10.1.1.1, so I configured the DNS template to use the public IP - say 202.202.202.202 when create the new domain and it is working fine.

But when I create a subdomain inside, the subdomain can be created but the IP address of the A record of the subdomain say subdomain1.abc.com is the internal IP server. How can we configure the plesk to use public IP for the A record of the subdomain. Our subdomains are created with parents zone, that means the subdomains record were created in upper zone.

Please let me know if you have any question, many thanks.

Best regards

Alex Tsang

You can switch subdomains to own zones. A record will be created according domain's DNS template in this case.

Dear IgorG

Is there any way to make it work in dns parent zone mode? Why I need this because I have two secondary DNS servers will do zone transfer with the Plesk DNS server, and people query those two secondary DNS servers for the zone records. So, if using parent zone, those two secondary DNS will have the A record for resolution no extra work need to be done.

Best regards

Alex Tsang

The problem in that A record of domain is created according to your custom DNS template. But A record for subdomain is created according to IP of hosting. It is root cause.
Therefore I see only one workaround - switching to mode with own zones.

The other option would be manually editing each sub domain zone file / DNS records and replacing the local IP with your outside, global IP.

That can be done through -> DNS Manager -> and selecting the respective subdomain.

Back