• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ipv6 Problems - SIOCSIFADDR: Permission denied

davorg

Basic Pleskian
Ever since I moved to a server running Centos 7, I have had problems with ipv6. Each time the server is rebooted, the system "forgets" the ipv6 configuration which means that nginx won't start and my web servers don't appear until I intervene manually. This manual intervention consists of:

1/ Go to Tools and Settings > IP Addresses
2/ Select the ipv6 address and "Reread IP"
3/ This displays "This IP address is not configured properly" with a link to repair it.
4/ Click the repair link
5/ Restart nginx

This has been annoying but works. Until this morning.

Last night I ran "yum update" on one of my servers and noticed that it pulled down all of the Centos 7.2 updates. This morning I rebooted the server to ensure that it was running Centos 7.2. I got the usual problems with nginx not starting so I followed the procedure above. Steps 1-3 worked as expected, but when I clicked the repair link, I got the error "Error: ifmng failed: SIOCSIFADDR: Permission denied /sbin/ifconfig enp2s0 add 2001:8d8:866:1500::70:9ab3/64 exited with non-zero status 1".

I tried running the command from the command line (running as root, of course) and I got a similar error.

So currently, none of the web sites on my server work. Which is rather sub-optimal. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Dave...

Back