• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Is it OK to remove Plesk-py27?

GIDATO

Basic Pleskian
When I do a aptitude upgrade, I get the following:

The following packages will be REMOVED:​

plesk-py27{u} plesk-py27-pip{u} plesk-py27-setuptools{u} plesk-py27-virtualenv{u} plesk-wheel-cffi{u} plesk-wheel-cryptography{u} plesk-wheel-psutil{u}

0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 7 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 81.9 MB will be freed.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

Are these no longer required? Or am I going to break something if I click Y.

I am using Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #21, last updated on Mar 28, 2017 06:26 AM on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Thanks
David

I would not recommend to remove it. It is parts of engine for run Plesk migration scripts

Thats what I was thinking.

Can you tell me why APTITUDE UPGRADE would think that it should remove these?
And also, how I stop it wanting to do so in future, so that I can use aptitude upgrade in the future to keep things up to date.

At the moment I only have the choice of doing it all or doing nothing.

Thanks
David

Do you have Plesk Migrator installed now? Try to remove it in Plesk UI, run aptitude update and install it back on updated system.

I've checked (in the extension.. i assume that is where I should be looking) and "Plesk Migrator 2.6.11" is not installed. I've never actually used it, and had assumed above that it was part of the main plesk package (my bad). Does that mean I don't actually need the above packages?

Yes, try to remove them. It looks like orphaned packages from previous Plesk version where PMM was in use instead of modern Plesk Migrator extension.

Well, at first glance, the system (Plesk panel, and hosted sites) still seems to be running after removing them.
Thank you for your help.

Back