• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is it possible to setup outgoing mail only?

B

BMur

What I would like to do is have one main email account, and have a couple of other email accounts (all within the same domain) redirect to the main account. This is easy, however the trick is that I'd like to be able to send FROM any of the accounts.

I can setup a redirect account (without a mailbox) or a mail alias off of the main account, however that only accounts for mail sent TO the accounts. Since there's no mailbox for the secondary accounts I can't setup the account in an emai client to send mail from (I get error messages when the client trys to get new mail, since theres no mailbox).
The closest I've come to this is setting up a redirect account with a mailbox also. This isn't really desireable since I'll be getting the emails twice (on the secondary email, and after redirected to the main email), plus if I don't check the secondary often enough it will reach it's size limit.

Am I missing something, or is this not possible. Any suggestions?

Back