• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is Plesk an unusable software???

A

Aleks

If I include the following services in the disk space usage calculation:

Web Space
MySQL databases
Microsoft SQL databases
Mailboxes
Tomcat applications
Mailing lists

...and I set a domain's "hard-disk quota" to 4 gb (with each of the above services limited to 100 mb of disk space), when a user exceeds one of the service's limit, can plesk send out a notification email alerting us that the particular service in itself will be locked for lack of disk space?

From what I see here, and from what I got from frontline support for plesk, it only sends out notifications if the 4 gb "hard-disk quota" is exceeded and that's unacceptable for users will have database records dropped and email messages lost without knowing this until the 4 gb limit is reached - Which in this case will never be reached.

Even though their support personel couldn't do better than to beg that Control Panel > Server > Event manager > would help (which does not), I ask: "Did Plesk really turn out to be just an unusable software?" Hell, it can't get any worse than having orders dropped and email lost without any notification alerts sent - I sure can't let my users consume unlimited disk space ...and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

But, I realise "we" may be wrong.... so I'll try again asking hands-on analists:

Where are the "individual service exceeded limit notifications" for the new Plesk 7.5 Reloaded for Microsoft Windows and Linux?

Back