• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is plesk onyx production ready?

Is plesk onyx production ready?

• Total voters

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
Everyone at Plesk has done his/her very best for onyx, but do you, the end user feel onyx is production ready at this point in time (3-12-2016) ?

no pizza's are harmed in this poll.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't it be? They've come a long way from their older versions. Only gripe from me is migrating to Onyx on CentOS 7 with all the laden warnings about mod_python not being installed.

Aside few bugs, in the File Manager when doing Drag & Drop uploads or the Incremental Backups doing full backups daily rather than diffing the modified files when volume splitting is enabled, and lacking some features like push service for mails, or maximum quota reach notifications, or let's encrypt for domain aliases, it's all good for production. :D

Unfortunately, not all of those thousands and thousands of our customers who already use Plesk in production, can write their answer in this thread.

Unfortunately, not all of those thousands and thousands of our customers who already use Plesk in production, can write their answer in this thread.

Neither can the thousands and thousands that don't wont to upgrade yet because they feel there are still to many bugs.

regards
Jan

Neither can the thousands and thousands that don't wont to upgrade yet because they feel there are still to many bugs.
This is true, but nevertheless, 90.9% of voters here believe that Plesk is production ready.

81 views, 13 votes, people just don't care if it doesn't have like button somewhere.

regards
Jan

Look, I'm Plesk-User since exactly 10 years in january. But I registered in this board/forum only around one month ago.
How many don't and won't realize your poll? In a few hours the first threads site change to site 2, tomorrow to 3; only search engines make your poll visible by other plesk users who are not registered here.
Think it's hard to get a good and realistic result.
Hundreds or thousands can't speak english, but they still use Plesk ! ! !
My opinion is: Plesk in earlier versions was difficult and buggy, but since Plesk 12.x and mostly with Plesk Onyx a new era has begun.
Bugs are nearly in every software on planet earth.
Plesk Onyx is more user-friendly, faster, safer, with more extensions than ever. Onyx is really amazing!
(I get no money for writing this :( but it's still my opinion)

"Plesk developers have reinvented Plesk like a new software" <-- This sentence said a great team member of 1and1 server support to me when I had a broken hard disk device last year! They host servers with this environment according to this (my) contract.
CentOS 6 Minimalsystem (64 Bit)
Archlinux Minimalsystem (64 Bit)
CentOS 6 mit Plesk 12.5 (64 Bit)
CentOS 7 Minimalsystem (64 Bit)
CentOS 7 mit Plesk 12.5 (64 Bit)
Debian 7 Minimalsystem (64 Bit)
Debian 8 Minimalsystem (64 Bit)
Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS Minimalsystem (64 Bit)
Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS mit Plesk 12.5 (64 Bit)
Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS Minimalsystem (64 Bit)
Each Plesk version 12.5 is able to be updated to amazing Plesk Onyx. I'm fully satisfied with PLESK ONYX.
Greets

*Edit*
81 views, 13 votes, people just don't care if it doesn't have like button somewhere.

regards
Jan
Hahaha, absolutely right, but sometimes, they don't care about questions, or the correct, real answer will be given only in future after a period of self-experiences and working with the software. I mean, your question is not bad, but perhaps a lil too early to give a meaningful answer...

Last edited:
@Dukemaster , don't get me wrong :D Plesk Onyx for me is the best upgrade ever given the Git and NodeJS support.

I was tired of having separate VPS'es for different Node apps, nor I had any way to fix the node sockets handshake while Apache was in place... but now since we can disable proxy mode, and we can connect files to repos, it's just perfect. The question was only about flaws, which, as with any software, are present. I have confidence they will fix the lack of lets encrypt for aliases as we need it for whitelabels, and different language websites, or the incremental backup volume splitting which causes daily backups to actually be full backups instead separate ones, I know an internal bug has been created in some thread on this forum, can't recall where exactly.

Let's Encrypt in my opinion is the feature which grew the most in the past 2 weeks, from 80 votes to 150 only on user voice, and with another 85 "contributors" asking for it in the extension's github repo.
Then Plesk will surely go for the path of Push email service, then most likely implement apache load per domains. All in all, it will be great, as it is now.

Just an example on how Plesk Git's extension "affected" my commits on github in the past 2-3 weeks since I have started implementing Git in my webspaces.

QNv8Dgf.png

The darker green ones are with an average of 30-40 commits daily towards my client's projects, and the workflow is brilliant. Local clone, github repo location set in XAMPP's htdocs folder, changing document root in httpd.conf to whatever project I'm working on, pushing to dev branch, letting others test, pull request to live when feature's development is done, merging, changing branches, syncing, done.

Awesome.

Yes, I absolutely agree with you. Letsencrypt gives the world the great chance not to be ripped off by the bad businessmen with expensive ssl certificates which cost a computer only milli-seconds and no performance to create certificates. Only the traffic to the CA-certificate servers, the exchange, cost money, only little more money as nothing. The SSL-business shows again how people generate money out of nothing.
Back to the problems with letyencrypt, I was also one of them who had problems with backup manager and letsencrypt, but again Plesk solved this problem with Update #8. So, everything fine, like you wrote.
I didn't looked close to the thread-starter, I refered to the postings by Linulex, lol, forgotten tagging his username... :)

Back