• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is Plesk support good with a support contract?

J

jasolution

Hello!

I am evaluating whether to purchase Plesk or Helm control panel. After perusing the support forums, I am concerned that I see very few instances where Plesk personnel have answered questions posted here in the forums. Plesk support personnel appear to have very little involvement with the user community. Is my obversation accurate?

Also, for those of you who have purchased a support contract, do you receive prompt support via telephone or email?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason,

we also tested all available control panel s before moving to plesk.

There are two bad things about plesk:
1) Updates nearly always fail (for us anyway)
2) The Support is difficult.

We have a premium support plan but it is almost always nessessary to call the support hotline until somebody looks into the ticket (even if it marked as high or urgent). But as soon as the ticket is in the second line support you get a quick and good answer in 95% of the cases.

So our advice if you really want to provide good and stable webhosting: get premium support or you can suddenly end up with a non-working system and no one can help you ;-)

Yes, your assumptions are correct. SWSoft spends very little time responding to issues on these forums, and when they do answer, they're mostly in broken English and don't resolve the problem at hand.

In our experience their premium email support is decent but can take a little while to get back with you and it may be a few back and forth exchanges before they fully fix the problem.

Support is definitely one area where SWSoft has plenty of room to improve.

Hi Jasolution,
I've used Plesk e-mail support twice now and had good results both times. Plesk is a moderately complex system so you should administer is just like you would administer any other complex system. Keep track of your changes, backup regularly and test...test...test. As with any tech support you will want to use the support contract as a tool in your kit but not completely depend on it. It sounds like you are already ahead of the game by perusing the support forums. Good luck with your choice!

Back