• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Is the documentation missing something or am i?

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8 (Sapphire Caracal)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.54 Update #3
I use "plesk bin domain -u" frequently and i was looking up how to change the php version for domains via cli but can't find the documentation anymore.

has entries for "domain_restrictions" and "subdomain", but not "domain".

There is an entry for "site", but that has far less options then "domain".

Is the entry for "domain" missing? Is domain being phased out or is the documentation moved to a different place?

Regards
Jan

Good question. Not sure why there is no documentation for the domain utility. However the command options for domain look similar to the subscription utility. Perhaps domain is just an alias of subscription?

From this support article I derived that the PHP handler of a domain can be change with:
plesk bin domain -u example.com -php_handler_id plesk-php80-fpm

However the command options for domain look similar to the subscription utility. Perhaps domain is just an alias of subscription?

They are simular, but it would make no sense being an alias. A subscription can have multiple domains and/or subsomains. They all can have different php versions.

Code:
plesk bin subscription -h
start with

Usage: subscription command <subscription_name> [options]

Code:
plesk bin domain -h
start with

Usage: domain command <domain_name|subscription_name|subdomain_name> [options]

Seems to me as 2 different commando's, not aliasses.

I have found that article to and was wondering why plesk support uses "plesk bin domain"' in an article but no documentation to be found. At the moment i have created my own with

Code:
plesk bin domain -h > domain.txt

regards
Jan

Back